UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Date of Issue: 10 August 2006
Closing Date: 24 August 2006
Post Title : Field Security Assistant (Counties)
Duty Station : Monrovia, Liberia
Duration : Six (6) months initially
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC-5)
This vacancy is open to applicants of either sex. Preference
will be given to equally qualified women candidates.
As the UNDP opens up its Reintegration Offices and will be deploying Reintegration Field Officers and others assets to these offices, there is a need for the hiring of National Field Security Assistant that will be in charge of security at these locations. In this regard, the UNDP is recruiting three Field Security Assistants.
Under the general supervision of the Designated Official, the UNDP Country Director, Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO), and UNDP Field Security Adviser, the National Field Security Assistant will provide all possible support and assistance to his supervisors to ensure the security of all UN International, National Staff and INGO with MOU as implementing partners, their eligible dependents and all properties of UN organizations in his post of assignment.
The incumbent also performs the following duties:
• Supports and assists the DO, CD, FSCO and FSA in the effective implementation of all the security phases upon the declaration of each phase by the DO and as reflected in the Security Plan; assists other UN Agencies if requested and required to do so;
• Responsible for the safety and the security of UNDP staff and assets;
• Assist in the Security Clearances Process for staff in the field;
• Responds to calls involving the security of all UN staff members, especially the National staff members and their eligible dependents at all times;
• Monitors and reports on private security firms hired by UN Agencies to protect the various Office premises and residences of the UN Agencies;
• Writes security incident reports involving UN staff, their eligible dependents and properties, and incorporates these into the quarterly incident report to the UN Security Coordinator;
• Gathers and provides information on security in AOR and other parts of Liberian (when assigned) in general to authorized UN personnel;
• Conducts investigation on robberies, thefts, detentions, etc., involving UN staff members, their eligible dependents and properties;
• Assists the FSA in the quarterly update of the Security Plan;
• Assists the appointed Zone Wardens in the update of the list and addresses of staff members and their eligible dependents;
• Where possible, assist the Area Security Coordinator and relevant Security Focal Points when deployed within the Counties;
• Attend all organized Security Meetings and Area Security Meetings when deployed within the Counties Update the FSA Office on security situation within AOR;
• Liaises, attend or arranges meetings on security issues with local law enforcement authorities, non-governmental organizations and the UN Agencies;
• Provide security support services; security clearances, security advisory, security briefing for staff members in the field, security escorts where necessary, guide for security purposes for the UN, UNDP VIP guest(s) visiting the sub office(s) or when requested by supervisors;
• Adhere to the UN Field Security Handbook, UNDP Sub Office MOSS Procedures and all other UN Administrative Rule and Procedures; and
• Performs other duties designated by the DO, CD, FSCO, FSA and the Head Of Sub Office/ County Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
1. Knowledge and skills: Completion of secondary education; Certification of Security Training, knowledge of the use of Computers and other office machines; MS Office a must.
2. 5 years of relevant experience in the security field
3. Fluency in spoken and written English.
Email application to this vacancy should be sent to email@example.com. Please insert Vacancy Announcement Number in the Subject of the email or written application. Applications without the Vacancy Announcement Number or with the incorrect Vacancy Announcement Number will not be accepted. Attach photocopies of qualifications (i.e. technical certificates and academicals) and a one-page cover letter indicating your interest and suitability for the position.
Please note that applications received after the closing date
will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
for a written test followed by an interview.
Deputy Resident Representative (Operations)
cc: All UN Agencies/ UNDP Projects/Programmes in Liberia
Note: All applications/queries must be addressed to:
For Comments and Suggestions